The Deni- [K] ® system of the German company [k] Nord is a technology whose main purpose is to reduce the nitrates. It is based on a compact bioreactor of double stage (Anaerobia - Aerobia) of upward flow.
The water enters the reactor through the inferior part, where a source of carbon and nutrients (except nitrogen) is added. In this first anaerobic stage, a filler material is incorporated that favours the denitrification process. The water circulates towards the upper aerobic zone, which incorporates another type of filling of greater dimensions, favouring the diffusion of the oxygen and the nitrification of the ammonium.
AREMA knows and promotes this technology for more than 10 years and guarantees:
- Practically null rejection, more than 99% of the treated water ends ready for consumption.
- Nitrates reduction by more than 70%
- Minimal operation costs
- Completely automatic, minimal presence of operators, since the installation can be equipped with a remote alarm system to notify the operator staff.
- It incorporates an automatic self-cleaning system.
- Easily transportable.
- Quick installation.
- Minimum maintenance requirements.
- No odours.
- Minimization of civil works in comparison with conventional processes.